ESIS' imaging initiative provides a fully paperless environment to our customers. Our imaging system utilizes an electronic document storage and retrieval system that gives claims adjusters and other claims staff quicker access to file information, enabling them to accurately respond to your needs in a timelier manner and enhance their file management capabilities. This initiative also enables clients to view any and all documentation pertaining to a claim file instantaneously through Global RiskAdvantage®.
ESIS’ proprietary OMNI claim system enables our adjusters to perform each of the tasks required for top tier claim handling services, including registering claims, creating notes, assigning diaries and task reminders to the file, making reserve and payment transactions, and accessing client-specific claim handling specifications.
Various electronic inbound and outbound data exchanges are available within OMNI, significantly decreasing our data entry requirements while increasing accuracy and streamlining workflows and processes. These exchanges include the following:
- Electronic First Notice of Loss is received via EDI from our intake vendors, allowing most claim registration screens to be pre-filled
- OMNI automatically sends acknowledgement/disposition notices via email from Global RiskAdvantage® when claims are registered and closed
- Central Index Bureau inquiries are automatically generated for all new claims registered
- Feeds are directly received from medical bill review repricers for medical bills and invoices, along with Explanation of Payments to ensure accurate and timely payment
- Legal bill review services provide upfront legal bill adjudication, automatically feeding and paying approved legal bills
The OMNI claims adjudication system utilizes an elaborate trigger system derived from the claim handling instructions developed within ESIS' Service Activity System. These triggers effectively prompt the adjuster for action when claim milestones are reached or if the adjuster’s activity meets the criteria established in the claim handling instructions.
ESIS’ clients access the information stored in OMNI through Global RiskAdvantage®, which is a proprietary application and is the premier browser-based, thin client application on the market.
As a risk manager, you make choices daily that can cost or save your organization millions of dollars. Therefore, you need the most sophisticated tool you can find for generating risk management reports and analyzing loss trends. ESIS’ Global RiskAdvantage® is a proprietary application that is recognized as a leading technology within the industry. Through our Global RiskAdvantage® loss management system, we provide the decision support tool you need by combining meaningful analysis of loss data with the power of Web technology. By putting Global RiskAdvantage® on the Internet, we make it cost effective, timely, and user friendly.
Global RiskAdvantage® offers several key benefits to our clients:
- Customization – Global RiskAdvantage® is customizable, allowing you to choose the functions you need — inquiry and claim notes, or inquiry, reports, and claim notes — and also contains enhanced features such as customized reporting functionality.
- Electronic interfaces – The comprehensive system incorporates multiple carrier data as well as your internal claim data into a combined reporting and analysis system. And by offering daily updates to ESIS claim data as well as real time access to claim adjusters’ notes and diaries, our clients are able to choose the frequency of updates to other carrier data and/or internal claim data.
- Reporting – Our systematic report scheduler allows you to set reports to run on your schedule — weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc. — with no manual intervention.
- International capabilities – Global clients benefit from its international capabilities, including containing key international data such as the name of the booking company and risk country and the ability to define values in local currencies or U.S. dollars.
Additionally, the Global RiskAdvantage® dashboard module allows customers to create meaningful reports and display them in graphic format. This function enables users to identify emerging trends, see where more frequent losses and/or lost time days are occurring, etc. Our customers are able to design the dashboard based on a list of predetermined graphs/reports and are also able to determine whether or not to display the dashboard immediately upon system log-in.
The Global RiskAdvantage® is both well-supported and well-protected. Answers are found quickly through ESIS’ customer service group, online help screens, informational job aids, and other reference materials. Global RiskAdvantage® has also earned a “Secure Site” certification from industry leader VeriSign®. We use multi-level firewalls, Secure Socket Layer protocols, IDS intrusion detection monitoring, 128-bit data encryption, and enhanced password and user verification procedures to protection our clients’ information.